Coursera Financial Aid Application is one of the tedious work that one has to face. In this article, you will be detailed information on how to apply for Coursera financial aid.
Coursera was founded by Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller in 2012. It provides a variety of courses on its platform. Know more about Coursera here.
Coursera provides free courses to its student in the form of Financial Aid. This is provided so that even a person without a proper facility can get high-quality learning. This is one of the great things from Coursera. Most of the courses on Coursera has a “Financial Aid or Scholarship” facility.
When searching for Free Courses, I noticed that most of them are not so great. There are of inferior quality & just doesn’t worth the time. Then I got to know about Free Education. Here is what I was looking for – quality + price.
You will get learning from Elite universities of the world.
For a few persons, the fees could be high. So, Coursera thought of providing scholarship to them. This brings a high quality of learning free.
Before diving into deeper, let’s understand more about Coursera Scholarship.
What is Coursera Financial Aid Or Scholarship?
To simply explain, Financial Aid is the form of Scholarship provided by Coursera. They provide a Scholarship of 100% for the courses. So, a financially weak student can also gain benefits from the courses.
But there are a few twists in this.
Coursera doesn’t provide scholarship for all the courses.
Like a Specialization Course, has 6 courses from basic to expert level. You apply for the financial aid on the first course. You then will have to apply for each subsequent course separately. It is not necessary that if you qualified for once for the aid, you will again as well. But you could only get financial aid for 2 to 3 courses in most cases.
For the rest of the courses, you have to buy them.
This will help you to cut down the cost by half.
But in certain cases, a few students got Scholarship to all the courses in their specialization course.
Who can apply for Coursera Scholarship?
Coursera scholarship can be applied for by anyone. If you want to update your skills or educate yourself in certain courses at low costs, this could be a viable option for you. This is especially helpful for individuals who can’t afford to pay the fee but are enthusiastic about learning.
You will have to answer a few questions for an application to be filled out when applying for financial aid.
Your application will be reviewed by Coursera and then they might provide you with the scholarship.
With that scholarship, you can access Coursera’s high-quality learning.
Coursera Financial Aid Application
Coursera provides 100% scholarship to its students when selected. You can benefit a lot from learning from Coursera.
As of now, you can only apply for the scholarship on one course at a time. To apply for more courses, you need to complete the previous one. This is as simple as that.
If your “Specialization Course” has more than 1 course then you need to apply for each course scholarship separately.
Steps to Apply For Financial Aid On Coursera
To apply for the scholarship on Coursera, just follow below simple step.
1. Login to your Coursera account.
2. From the list of categories, choose whatever course you want to learn.
3. After selecting the course, you need to check whether your course provides a scholarship or not. In most cases, it will be provided.
4. Click on “Financial Aid Available”, a pop-up will appear in front of you.
5. Now, you need to fill up all the requirement mentioned in that box.
6. Fill all the information as need & you are good to go.
Points to keep in mind For Coursera Scholarship
- You can only able to apply for Coursera Scholarship on Desktop Version.
- You need to submit one Photo Id Card of yours. So, prepare for that in advance.
- In the “Why you are applying for Financial Aid”, you need to answer in at least 150 words. Less than 150 words wouldn’t be accepted by Coursera. Your application could be rejected in this case.
- It will take at least 15-days to review your application by Coursera. So, be patient with your application.
- Meanwhile, you can start your course journey in audit mode.
- If your application is approved, you will get a mail. If not approved, you will get a mail explaining the reason behind that.
How To Answer Questions?
How to answer questions asked in the Scholarship application?
1. Why are you applying for Financial Aid?
In this, you need to answer the reason behind your application. Why do you need a Scholarship? You can simply mention, that you are not earning enough to pay the fee.
2. How will taking the course help you achieve your career goal?
Need to write about your career goal. You can also mention how taking a course could assist you in growth.
Try to be clear about your goal in career. Write the advantages of that particular course in your life.
Answering the rest of the questions is not that necessary. But it would be a good idea to answer them.
Getting a scholarship is can prove to be extremely advantageous when on a budget. Your approval for a scholarship depends on answers to the above questions.
If you pitch your answer in a good way, then there are high chances of approval.
Over To You
Was this article helpful for you? – Let me know in the comments below.