Are Udemy Courses Accredited? It means you want to buy a course from Udemy. I will answer your question in this post.
If you want to know it in-short then, “No, Udemy Certificates are not accredited by any institute or organization”.
Yes, you read it right. There is no institute which has given reorganization to Udemy Now.
That means “Udemy certificate is just a waste or it is not useful to use Udemy.”
No, I am not saying that. There are various benefits of Udemy Certifications.
While researching for Udemy, I came across this question often. Udemy is one of my favorite platforms when it comes to learning online at cheap prices.
I always use Udemy to update my skills. In fact, most of the people use Udemy to update their skills set. I am also one of them.
First of all, let’s catch more about Udemy.
Are Udemy Courses Accredited?
As I have mentioned above, Udemy has not been recognized by any of the institutes till now.
That feels very sad.
But have a look at the other side of the certification.
What is Udemy?
Udemy is a market place for an online course. It is just somewhat similar to your local grocery shop – just go the & course. Most people consider Udemy as the “Amazon” of online courses.
There are Instructors, typically industry experts who post their courses on Udemy. Sometimes you could find a well-known expert from your industry here. Read more here.
At this time of writing, there is more than 85,000+ course on Udemy. Well, this is fairly large. There are 100 & 1000 of instructors teaching the course. But sometimes this might create confusion.
Top 5 Benefits of Udemy
Udemy is my first preference when learning is on Budget. Udemy is a very cost-effective learning platform. Though the certificate is not accredited, you will get tons of other benefits on Udemy.
Let’s see more of it.
- Low-Cost Courses – Udemy is a very cheap platform when it comes to learning. It is a very cost-effective learning platform. The prices on Udemy ranges from $20 – $199.
- Discounts & Promotion – There is always some kind of discount & offer running on Udemy. So many times, you can get the course for as low as $10. This is awesome.
- Student Feedback – Udemy shows your student feedback. These rating & feedback could help you to analyze course lessons. You can analyze where this course needs improvement. If you also see if the course is worth it or not.
- Lifetime Access – You will be provided with lifetime access to the course. Once enrolled in any course, it will stay with you forever.
- 30- day Money Back Guarantee – If you don’t like any course in which you have enrolled, get your money back. Udemy offers 30-days money back guarantee to its students.
Who Should You Use Udemy?
Udemy is the cheapest platform to learn online. I personally have taken lots of Courses on Udemy.
But there a question arises. If the course is not accredited, then you should go for Udemy?
Let’s try to answer here.
1. Updating the Knowledge – You can choose Udemy if you want to update your knowledge.
For e.g., If you work on Data Science, then you can take courses on Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
Another Example – You can opt for Advance Excel if you know the basics of Excel. That could be a great add-on knowledge for you.
2. Don’t Care About Certificate – If you are one of them who prefer knowledge over Certificate, then choose it. If certificates don’t bother you much, Udemy is made for you. you can get the learning & try yourself.
So, try to focus on knowledge instead of just certifications.
3. Just for Hobby – If you want to learn something just for the hobby then it is best for you. You could choose anything like – Yoga, Dancing, Playing Guitar, etc. You could get professional guidance through this course.
4. Learning on a Budget – If you want to learn on a budget, Udemy is one for you. As there are many offers running, you can get courses at $10.
5. Like to Learn On Your Own – If you fall into the category of the persons who like to learn by doing experiments, go for it. You can get all the learning & do some more projects on your own.
If you come in any of the above 5 categories then go for Udemy. There could not be any 2nd thought for these.
Sometimes finding a good course on Udemy could be a headache. But you should be careful while choosing any course.
But, if you are not in these categories, what option do you have?
Well, there are tons of other options to choose from.
Alternatives of Udemy
There is some alternative that you can opt for this. The alternative is varying which kind of platform who can choose. These are divided as – Institute approved or Organization approved.
1. Courses Approved by Institute
I. edX – This is one of the premier MOOCs when comes to learning. There are many top-ranking institutes under this platform. This platform has been founded in 2012 by “Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University”.
II. Coursera – This is also a wonderful platform to learn online. Coursera has been founded by Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller in 2012. Since then they have added 100s of the Institute on their platform. It is not a surprise then it gaining popularity day-by-day.
2. Courses Approved by Organization
I. TeamTreehouse – This platform is just a heaven for programmers. This platform has been made especially for Programmers. You can learn to code from scratch. They have a team of full-time & part-time members. These members helped to develop the course on this platform.
II. Pluralsight – This is one of the interesting platforms to choose from. It has lots & lots of unique features like – Path Learning. This will help you decide on a path of learning for you. You will get projects, test, quizzes, etc. on this platform.
III. Udacity – This is best for Job-Seekers. They provide job calls for you. You can get hired through this platform. You will also get personalized feedback on your quizzes & projects.
If you don’t want to go for Udemy there are plenty of options available. You can choose any of them listed above. The options will be based upon your interests.
Udemy is evolving as a market leader in the online learning world. There are tons of courses to choose from. You can find any type of courses on Udemy. But if somehow you don’t want to go for Udemy, choose another platform. You can choose any other platform based on your interests.
I have tried my best to answer your question – Are Udemy Courses Accredited?
Over To You
Now, I want to know from you, does it matter if Udemy Courses are accredited or recognized?
Or If you still have any confusion left.
Do let me know in the comments below.